The days of “Here comes the bride” seem to be long over. With thousands of songs to choose from, couples have been getting creative with the song that accompanies them as they walk down the aisle.
Whether you want an original song that packs a punch, a tune that is meaningful to you and your partner, or simply just want to switch things up, we’ve got you covered. Here are a few alternatives to the bridal waltz that will leave a lasting impression on your bride or groom, and command the attention of the entire venue.
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac – A beautiful song that perfectly encapsulates all of the feelings you might be having on your Big Day.
- Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles (Boyce Avenue Acoustic Cover) – A very easy-going and light-hearted song, yet is still sure to get the tears flowing.
- Canon in D Major – J.S Bach Orchestra – This is an arrangement that you can never go wrong with. It’s especially beautiful for a winter wedding, with a white backdrop.
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Haley Reinhart – A beautiful version of a well known classic.
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls (Jada Facer Acoustic Cover) – Jada has an awesome voice and a few other songs that could fit your wedding day.
- Tale as Old as Time – Beauty and The Beast – For the Disney lovers. An instrumental take on this classic ballad is perfect for gliding down the aisle like a princess.
- All of Me – John Legend – Possibly the most heartfelt love song of all time, Legend packs this tune with all the powerful lyrics you need to make a great impression.
- Speechless – Dan + Shay – Because this is the event that sets the tone for your unforgettable, amazing Big Day.
- No One – Alicia Keys – No One can brighten your day quite like this soulful ballad from Alicia Keys.
- Halo – Beyonce – There is a Beyonce lover around every corner, and this is an excellent way to incorporate your favorite popstar into your wedding.
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz – Set the tone for a long and healthy marriage by letting your partner know you are all theirs.
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones – Norah Jones’ soothing voice combined with her powerful lyrics are sure to get the water works flowing.
- La Vie En Rose – Edith Piaf – This is the perfect choice for those going for a more classic, old style wedding theme.
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds – It’s a day to celebrate just how lucky you both are to have each other, why not kick things off with a song that reminds us all why we’re here?
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri – This has quickly become a favorite among many couples.